News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Cloudland Canyon Ride and Hike

Started by klaviator, December 07, 2015, 09:15:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

I lived in Jawja for 11 years and never made it to CloudLand Canyon despite my son telling me what a cool place it was. On Saturday i decided to finally take a ride there. It was a little over 100 mile ride. I didn't see anything on the way worth taking a picture of. After stoping in Trenton for Lunch I rode to the Canyon which is a Georgia State park. I came prepared to hike. I took off most of my gear and changed from motorcycle boots to hiking boots and decided to do the 4.5 mile (I think) West Rim trail. I took some pics from near the parking area before getting started.

This trail was described as moderate to strenuous.

It was a pretty rugged trail, not as rugged as the trails on Rainbow Mountain in Madison but more rugged than the trail I often do on Green Mountain.

There were plenty of scenic overlooks.

There are several rushing stream and waterfalls in the park so I could hear the rushing water during much of the hike.

\

It took me about 2 hours to complete the hike and I walk very fast so I wonder if I didn't actually go over 4.5 miles. This was the view at the end of the hike.

So far I hadn't take any pics with the bike in it. You have to walk to most of the scenic views. I decided that if I was going to do a RIDE report, I better get at least one pic with a bike in it 8)   The area near Trenton is in the background down from this mountain.

Took a break on the way back. I'm sure many of you will recognize this spot.

I made it home right around dark after riding into the setting sun for a while.

The ride was not all that exciting but the hike was pretty cool.  I'm planning on doing some more ride and hikes to various places.  LRC is on my list since it looks like it has some interesting hikes.  If there are any other hikers out there interested in doing something like this, let me know.

Muss

Wow awesome!   I gotta get out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk