Thoughts on SENA 20S bluetooth communication systems. What do you use?

Started by sctparker, December 07, 2015, 11:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sctparker

I'm planning a trip and I'm  in need of a bluetooth communication system ( going to purchase two so I know they are compatable ) to talk to another rider and maybe listen to music. I've been looking at the SENA 20S. Does anyone have any feedback on this one or something else?

lastparrot

Great device,  I haven't used it for intercom but the phone and other basic Bluetooth functions work well.

bblass

I've got one. I was skeptical at first due to the cost but if something happened I would immediately buy another one. They work with multiple bluetooth systems, not just Sena's which is very convenient and they pair up very quickly. Battery life is excellent and the group intercom with multiple riders can make for interesting conversation during a ride. The FM radio is decent but if your phone has a Siri like feature you can access compatible apps through it and listen to your store music, pandora or amazon audio. Revzilla has a pretty good video review of them that points out the features and advantages over some comparable devices.
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

Chitza

Love my Sena and all its features. Speaker quality could be better but that's not a deal breaker for me.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Nice Goat

Kevin, Shane, and I all have the Sena SMH10.  Use mine for intercom, music, and GPS --- three years with no problems!
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

IceCold4x4

I was the one that talked bblass into the sena a friend and I got one and after fiddling with mine for 10 minutes he was def sold. I would probably have half the miles on my bike if not for the sena. Thinking about getting the 10c to be able to do video or i may just get the prism camera which will link up with the 20s. dunno still on the fence about that.

griff

We have the SMH10s as well. They work pretty well. In really rough wooded terrain they seem to loose some range. Overall they are great to have. The 20s seem to just be a better version of the 10s.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

Sweeper

I picked up a pair a few months ago to use while coaching my daughter on her Grom.  The intercom works great. Used mine solo on a trip this fall. Listened to music and fielded a phone call with ease. With all the new gee wiz stuff coming out, the price is coming down on some of these.

TechnoTherapist

I've used quite a few of them and SENA is the best I've come across.  You can make them TOO LOUD for music, which is impossible with most others, like Chatterbox.  I currently use both the SMH10 and the 10U and I'll definitely replace them if they go out.

Cy

Izzy3

I've used both a Sena 20S and an older Cardo.  The Sena 20S works really well.  I can talk on the phone and people don't believe I'm riding.  Good quality and battery life.  I liked the Cardo because it had a separate battery and I could swap on longer rides.