News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Which Sport Tourer

Started by jwdmotorsports, December 20, 2015, 06:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LawnmowerRG

From what you disclosed. I would say $2200. or maybe a little more. I would think you would need a pretty good bit of work from it sitting that much. I would want tires, all new hoses and coolant, Oil and Filter, Break bleed. Basically it needs a complete major service plus tires.

If you do that yourself probably not a major amount of money. If not Just call around local shops and get a price. Take that off the top of what you think its worth. A quick search showed them from $2000 to $4300. The 2000 had some minor things wrong and the 4300 looked to be a little over priced.  it was a quick look.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

jwdmotorsports

Looks like I left out the detail that it had the major service you mentioned done last summer which included new tires.
After seeing the ST1100 in person and doing more reading on the reliability and maintenance cost of the different sport tourers I've pretty well decided on the ST1100 as what I want to buy.
I've emailed the person in Hueytown that has one for sale on CL right now. Unfortunately, there's no phone number to contact them.

Zeus

The old K bikes have become quite affordable, now, lol.
I've had mine since 2001 and no problem other than rear main seal and final drive seal. 77k+ on it now.
You can find them around $4000 loaded with accessories.
The dealer scares people off with the recommended service like valve checking every 12000 miles. They rarely need reshim' at less than 100,000 miles. The 1998 model has a fork seal issue and lower clip on risers. Those issues were corrected in 1999. 1999-2001 are my best chosen years of the K1200RS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk