News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

The brave and the cold

Started by Ryanbroome, January 19, 2016, 07:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryanbroome

So who was brave enough to hop on their bike and ride in to work this morning?

It's freakin cold!

norton73

Not me!

I was up in the Roanoke Va area over the weekend. Driving back yesterday I saw several bikes on the road when the thermonitor on my van read less than 20.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

jrou111

I thought about riding to work this morning and would have tried it, but I was running late this morning.  ::)

Guidedawg

My ride to work is a 10 minute drive.  It's not long enough to throw on long johns or chaps, but awfully cold just in dress pants.
I think I rode in 2 days last week, but I tend to cage it when this cold.

klaviator

I never ride to work in the morning but I do sometimes ride home from work in the morning ;D

Although I have commuted in some pretty cold weather in the past I have pretty much been a wimp so far this winter.  I guess I'm just getting old

jwdmotorsports

For a while in college my only transportation was 2-wheeled. I'm a firm believer in an enclosed vehicle and a cup of coffee on mornings like today.

jrou111

Anyone else ride today?

I figured that with the snow starting this afternoon I should be prepared in case traffic is gridlocked. With the KTM, I can either filter through traffic, ride the shoulder, or take an off-road route in the woods to get home this afternoon.

IceCold4x4

If I can get my carb reassembled and ups drops off parts I'll ride today. Wonder if I can get the front end off the ground in snow on the zrx....

If not I'll do it on the pit bike.

Gam

Camped at Cheha last weekend, woke up to a little snow, 281 wasn't much fun, I couldn't tell if it was water or black ice in those shaded corners.

Ryanbroome

Quote from: Gam on January 22, 2016, 04:45:25 PM
Camped at Cheha last weekend, woke up to a little snow, 281 wasn't much fun, I couldn't tell if it was water or black ice in those shaded corners.
That's a little nerve racking

maydaymike

I've ridden to work (Jasper-Bessemer) every day this year so far except last Friday the 22nd.
2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100 189k
2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob 74k
2019 Vespa GTS300 Super 11k
IBA#58185