News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dual-Sporting the Free State VII....May 13-15

Started by Al Goodwin, January 26, 2016, 10:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

GS Noob

My father-in-law is getting married and settled on this weekend looks like I can't make it now. Damn!

Al Goodwin

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on March 28, 2016, 03:24:37 PM
Is there any chance you have a copy of the roll chart?

I would like to try to get an electronic version of the route to have in my phone!

I'll work on it tonight, there'll be a few changes from last year, try to get the more difficult/FUN stuff earlier in the day.

Al Goodwin

Quote from: GS Noob on March 30, 2016, 08:29:21 AM
My father-in-law is getting married and settled on this weekend looks like I can't make it now. Damn!

That's TERRIBLE....

Tell'em your sure they'll be married for many, many years...so you'll see them at all their anniversaries.

Al Goodwin

I took off work that Friday....so we'll be there Thursday night.

I'll reserve as many sites as I can under "Goodwin".....If my name is on it y'all can set-up there.

Remember, tents must be on the tent pad(gravel surrounded by cross-ties)...I think hammocks can hang anywhere around the site.

Alcoholic beverages forbidden.......

GS Noob

Quote from: Al Goodwin on March 31, 2016, 09:12:56 AM

That's TERRIBLE....

Tell'em your sure they'll be married for many, many years...so you'll see them at all their anniversaries.

Truth is, I don't think they'll last a year! Nobody in his family thinks he should be marrying his fiancé.

Al Goodwin

Quote from: GS Noob on March 31, 2016, 09:42:12 AM
Quote from: Al Goodwin on March 31, 2016, 09:12:56 AM

That's TERRIBLE....

Sounds like a possible waste of a good weekend then.

Truth is, I don't think they'll last a year! Nobody in his family thinks he should be marrying his fiancé.

lazeebum

I'm gonna try to be there Thursday night. I will bring my fishing rod and guitar. I also have a ten by ten ease up that has a bug screen.

Joe Shimano

Al Goodwin

I've got BAD news folks.....

Storm damage from last weeks storms caused some damage at the Brushy Lake Rec. area.....campground is CLOSED !!!!! >:(

Went to the Ranger station and got some information, more than likely it'll be closed until mid-summer, not good, but...there are other camping area around.  None have showers, some have toilets, some primitive only.  I'm doing some research on a couple of spots....More information, links, and pictures to come.

Suggestions...PLEASE

Al Goodwin

Brushy Lake....some BIG trees down.  They're going to have a "salvage timber" sale on all these tall/big pines.  This is what'll take some time.

Al Goodwin

The new spot....more than likely, but, still open to suggestions and gotta look at a couple more spots.

.https://www.google.com/maps/dir//34.338038,-87.3464906/@34.3381105,-87.346597,326m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Fencejumper09

It is too bad they won't let us go out and clean up the area. The quality of that lumber is not going to last long laying on the ground!!

I am still in wherever we end up!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Al Goodwin

Al Goodwin

The horse camp would be great.....but it gets very, VERY crowded some weekends.  They have water and toilet here, no showers, but it's only 3 miles to Brushy Lake where showers are.