News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

CANCELED, Gymkhana October 24th

Started by Chuck A., September 12, 2015, 09:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck A.

October 24th had to be canceled. That park football teams had a rainout date and has to have the field and parking lot for the make-up games. I will get a different date but it will be in November. If November Saturday dates have a schedule already please post it up. Sundays are always available at the park.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

maydaymike

As long as you don't pick Thanksgiving weekend, any other Sat or Sun should be good for me in November.
2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100 189k
2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob 74k
2019 Vespa GTS300 Super 11k
IBA#58185

Chuck A.

No to Thanksgiving weekend. I'll be out of the area myself.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

IceCold4x4

klaviator

Pretty much any weekend in November should work for me.

jrobinson

6-8 of November is Al Goodwin's Nowhere to Be ride and camp.

MadMax

Is this location one that is a preferred or agreed upon location?  The reason I ask is because I was wondering if one or all of the 3 parking lots at Alabama A&M football stadium would be sufficient. 

I start work there on 10/5 and may be able to get permission to use them since they also allow other groups, like C.E.R.T. association to use their facilities for training and drills. 

I can't guarantee anything, but let me know if it's worth a try.

springer

Quote from: MadMax on September 27, 2015, 11:12:12 PM
Is this location one that is a preferred or agreed upon location?  The reason I ask is because I was wondering if one or all of the 3 parking lots at Alabama A&M football stadium would be sufficient. 

I start work there on 10/5 and may be able to get permission to use them since they also allow other groups, like C.E.R.T. association to use their facilities for training and drills. 

I can't guarantee anything, but let me know if it's worth a try.
New locations to hold Gymkhanas are always good.
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

MadMax

I will see what I can do and let y'all know what they say.  I'm not going to try for a date yet, just see if they are open to the idea, first.

Chuck A.

Another monkey with the wrench for me in scheduling is my daughters sports schedule. This is her senior year so I sure want be missing any of her games. I can get the park in Falkville on a date if someone else can be take it and run. I have all the cones here at the house 4 miles away and can bring them down early in the mornings.

IceCold4x4

any news on this or has it completely died?

springer

Quote from: IceCold4x4 on October 20, 2015, 11:08:31 PM
any news on this or has it completely died?
Nope, not died. We will be planning events for 2016 over the winter months.
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.