News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

UCLEAR HBC 200

Started by polarissalesman, March 09, 2016, 09:50:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polarissalesman

just bought this set UClear HBC 200 for LuAnn & I to be able to communicate when riding. Lol she has not perfected the hand signals other than the middle finger lol... So far preliminary testing has been good, easy setup, hooks right up to the phone, music is pretty good, I like being able to answer the phone by just saying hello and it will shut off the music and go to the phone. Still waiting to test it riding down the road instead of walking around in the yard like dark Vader ........Does anyone here use UCLEAR?  Any hints? Likes, dislikes?  As I use it I will update as to how I like it... :o
"keep the rubber side down"

jrobinson

NO middle finger = everything is OK

Middle finger = You've messed up

Sounds simple enough to me.  8)

Shepcam

I had the HBC 100 and hated it. The speakers were not good and the built in mic in the speaker was horrible, no one could hear me. I have a Sena now and love it. maybe you will have better luck than I did.
2013 Kawasaki Concours

Brian A

I have the HBC 100 and have been happy with it. Music is good through the speakers and the few times I have used the phone the speakers and mic seemed to work fine (based on the feedback when I asked the person on the other end of the phone).

polarissalesman

Quote from: jrobinson on March 09, 2016, 11:58:26 AM
NO middle finger = everything is OK

Middle finger = You've messed up

Sounds simple enough to me.  8)

that's just it, she gets middle finger happy and I don't know if it is stop I have to pee or I need a drink  or WTH are you doing...   lol

polarissalesman

rode bike today to work, listened to music on the UCLEAR, was not bad at all.... had luann call me and answered the phone by just saying HELLO....sound was good, she said i was plain and clear with no wind..... still struggling with what button and which combo click to use but with any new gadget there is a learning curve...more as I use it

Al Goodwin

Melony and I have been using the HBC200 for 2 years or so.

We've found that it's more clear with your faceshields UP...if you can believe that.  With full-faced helmet it may sound a bit muffled, but raise your faceshield and it's clear as day.

Al Goodwin

OH....and not having to deal with a boom-mic is GREAT !!!!!

polarissalesman

Quote from: Al Goodwin on March 10, 2016, 12:53:12 PM
Melony and I have been using the HBC200 for 2 years or so.

We've found that it's more clear with your faceshields UP...if you can believe that.  With full-faced helmet it may sound a bit muffled, but raise your faceshield and it's clear as day.

we both wear 1/2 helmets......so I'm hoping this works  without buying 3/4

polarissalesman

UPDATE.....

LuAnn & I got to ride this afternoon, LOVED the headsets.... only complaint is LuAnn wanted to holler ,she busted my ears, I finally convinced her to talk normal..... ZERO wind noise, coming home I had a riding buddy call , talked to him just like I was using my phone, my music stopped phone rang all I had to do was say HELLO... when we finished my music started back with a click of a button ..... this while using a 1/2 helmet...

IceCold4x4

it's pretty awesome I probably wouldn't have done more than 3 or 4k miles last year if it wasn't for my sena 20s. Mainly because i can talk to the wife and as long as i don't wack the throttle she has no clue i'm on the bike...