Need Some Feedback..2006 V Strom 1000

Started by TFancher, March 24, 2016, 11:25:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sagebrush

Soloboxes? I guess up mean my Tuck panniers? Mine are bolted to the OEM racks, I went the cheap way. So the holes match my racks. But, you can use quick release hardware from Caribou, Happy Trails etc. If i move my panniers I would just add an aluminum plate to them and drill new holes. No biggie. I had a quick release with the knobs inside on my DR650, but I sold the set up for more than I paid. I probably should have kept the pannier hardware. Hind sight in indeed 20/20. :)

TFancher

I have hard plastic cases for the bike, but a jacket and a pair of gloves will fill it up. Not much storage. I think the soloboxes will mount right to the racks with a little bit of drilling.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Sagebrush

Yeah, I tried to live with the oval shaped OEM SOFT brand panniers, that odd shape is tough to pack.

I can put double the contents into my Tusk upgrade. I got them at a discount, for a little less than retail shipped so I could not resist. I had Pelicans in the past too, but the 1550 size didn't hold enough for me. Those suckers are tough though, thick heavy plastic. My aluminum panniers are lighter and hold much more, no need to pack them tight.