News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

99 Triumph Thunderbird Sport $3000

Started by banjocraig, April 02, 2016, 02:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

banjocraig

For Sale: 99 Thunderbird Sport in Birmingham, AL, $3300.

30,000 miles.

I have owned this bike for 3 years and loved it. I've put 3000 miles on it and it has not had any mechanical problems. When I bought it I had a local mechanic (Terry's Two Wheel) go through the Triumph 25k mile service guide and do all the recommended work. So it has: all fluids flushed and replaced. Brake lines checked. Fork seals replaced and oil replaced. New airbox (original was cracked). New battery. New Chain. New back tire-Perilli Angel GT (now has about 2k miles on it). New spark plugs. New brake pads. New back rotor (I accidentally dropped the back wheel and it landed on the rotor-rather than risking a problem I replaced it). New oil and filter every 1k miles that I've had it.
I have the original muffler- it looks great from the outside but the mounting bracket has an ugly weld (from a previous owner). Related to this is a small rattle in the muffler. Didn't affect performance, but it bugged me so I took it off and put on Emgo mufflers that I re-packed. They are louder than the original but not obnoxious.
I added a small windshield- it's easily removable if you don't want it. Original owner's manual and toolkit are still with the bike! Clean title. Selling because I want to buy a Tiger 800!

IMG_0793 by Alouicious McGuillicutty, on Flickr

IMG_0789 by Alouicious McGuillicutty, on Flickr

Slede

When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

banjocraig

Thanks! I'll be happy to sell it, but I'll be pretty happy to keep it too if I get no takers. It has the 885cc tripple engine which is an absolute blast. 

banjocraig

Price drop to $3000.  Going to put some miles on it this weekend so odometer will be closer to 31k. :D

banjocraig

TRADED.  To a great guy in Roebuck. He had a Tiger, like I wanted, and had it for sale to raise money for home renovation.  The trade gave him a chance to get some cash and keep riding, an I got the bike I'd been dreaming of for a while. Never hurts to ask or make an offer!  I rode over to show him my bike last Monday and watched him talk himself into it.  Now we're both happy as clams.