News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

"Who am I?" Relay Ride

Started by Chitza, April 04, 2016, 07:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IceCold4x4

I'll be tagging along, provided nothing from work interferes.

Fencejumper09

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

mojo1

Parked in lot on the corner of Saint Charles st and oxmoor down from saw's bbq
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

IceCold4x4

Had a good time on this ride, learned a few new roads, and had a great view of David pushing that KTM through the corners, wish I'd have brought the go pro but on the same token glad i got to listen to my music and just chill. Been a while since i've gotten to push my bike through corners without having to wait on a bunch of guys  that are slower. Really had fun, thanks mojo!

mojo1

Street ride with a Dirt Rider

Well I didn't pick the best place to meet at, I had no idea that around Saw's bbq was going to be so busy.
We get together at a parking lot down the road to get started on the ride with IceCold4x4 and Lk2rd to join in on our journey.
We make our way out of Homewood over to Grants Mill rd winding our way over to Hwy 25 onwards going across Logan Martin Dam.
We stop for some gogo juice just outside of Talledega on Hwy 77.

From there we made our way up to Mt Cheaha where we stopped and got know each other better.

From there we headed north on towards Jacksonville making our to  Neely Henry dam. While there IceCold4x4 added a air to his front tire.

After chatting for a bit we head out going through Pell City where IceCold4x4 split off to get on home. We went down Wolf Creek rd and back up Hwy 25 Stopping at Cheveron on Grants mill for a chat before ending the ride for day. I thought it was kinda neat that I ended our relay ride where mine started.

We ended up with a little over 200 miles for day. David and I have meet before but this was the first ride together.
Fencejumper09 your up.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

Fencejumper09

Well that was one heck of a ride!! I feel like there should be some sort of sub category of Iron Butts for Dual Sports!!

I had a blast riding some new roads and getting to know Mojo, meeting LK2RD, and cruising with IceCold4x4!

So with my Sena I can choose music OR intercom, sorry IceCold I chose music for this ride! I ran my gps tracker but since I am still trying to figure it out, it did not record any tracks while the screen was off. This is probably for the better so that there is no evidence!

I am still pretty new to this road riding but I think my bike makes up for my short comings in the tight twisties! It was great to ride with some truly talented riders! Mojo1 was pushing that FZ1 and I caught myself, more than once, watching him almost scrape the pegs and not paying attention to the road ahead. (I think he added a few new scuffs to his boots) It really was a good "no nonsense" day of riding!

I got pretty much the same pictures as everyone else! No GoPro footage this trip!

Sometime I do think my bike looks stupid still having the numbers on it from the Perry Mountain 24Hr but it makes for a funny conversation when on the street! "Oh do you race?" "Yeah, but only 24 hour enduro events!"

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Fencejumper09

For my "Who am I?" ride we have options!!

If someone wants to do any of the ride options listed below just let me know! Looking forward to meeting more of the great people of Bamarides!! Also if someone wants to do something completely different I am up for that as well. I feel like you really get to know someone through adversity or uh I mean adventure! Let's explore!!

Ride Options:
(Not in any order of preference)
1. Nice and easy road cruising (<200 miles) with food and/or beverage stops around the Birmingham area

2. Fun spirited twisty roads wherever we can find them

3. Nice and easy gravel roads around the Cahaba River WMA (Maybe a hill climb or two if we are up for it)

4. Tough and technical single track

Post up if any of these sound fun or terrible enough for you!!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

bblass

I'm down for the wildlife management area. Never ridden out there and always wanted to.
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

Fencejumper09

Well you are invited but we should probably wait for someone we don't know to sign up!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

Fencejumper09

Nobody wants to get to know me?
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

IceCold4x4

not after you preferred your music to my grade A commentary .... LOL just yanking your chain. I'm sure someone will want to go, it only took mojo what 6 months to get another one?

bblass

I'd go as far as to warn others not to get to know you. My last two bike purchases were a direct result of your influence
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

Fencejumper09

Hey Fox that is an issue of the past! I got the Sena 20s hooked up last night!!   ;D

Ben, I only played the part you wanted me to!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

IceCold4x4

lol in all seriousness the 20s has made the amount of riding i've done in 3 years possible.

firemantruman

Fencejumper if this is still going on I'd be down for any of the 4, although my DS is in the shop right now so that puts a delay on the dirt rides unless you wanna ride somewhere I can take the 4wheeler. I have the Sena SMH10R that I'm still learning to use...I'm assuming we could link those up somehow.