News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Suzi's for sale: 2007 Suzuki GS500F, naked, $2000

Started by KrisCook, May 01, 2016, 08:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KrisCook

Suzi's the forum ho, I suppose.  She was Mill's, where she got her fairings disappeared by an errant girlfriend, then she was Bina's, where she stayed hopelessly sexy, then she was mine, where she turned into a workhorse.  With me, she's gone to Missouri and back in a weekend, and she's ridden in countless gymkhana circles.  She's been lost in south Alabama and had to learn to ride on dirt (SAND!) roads.  She's happily commuted to work on Fridays, and has been meticulously cared for, if rarely washed.  Never polished.   ;D

She has a pigtail for a trickle charger and a pigtail for HD heated gear.  Everything is fused and well-sorted beneath the seat.  The reason for the LED lights and voltmeter is, in case it is REALLY cold and you need your heated jacket AND gloves turned to medium, and they are pulling too much juice, you can switch that big headlight off if you need to, to save some electrons. 

The battery is the all-acid kind, no water. 

She's lowered, but Yamahamer has the original link, so she can easily be put back to her stock height.  She has a seat that will make your butt happy no matter how far you ride.  She has a cigarette lighter-socket-type plug-in that is hot all the time. 

Before I go on, here are some pictures:

Without the Cortech bags:

The front with the LED light bar over the headlight:

With the bags, which I will probably let go with it if you need them:

Sliders, up close:

Slider from above:

Volt meter and headlight switch:

Don't notice the dirt!  Just that the handlebars are raised for short-armed people:

LED's on, headlight off:

Heel guard:

S is for Super Bee!

Honestly, I don't want to sell this bike, but I feel the need to farkle Twitch up, and I am just discovering that it costs lots of money for BMW farkles. 

Suzi doesn't need a thing but to be loved and ridden.  She's been meticulously cared for.  She's cold-natured, so she wants choke until she's good and hot.  If not, she'll die on you as soon as you come off the rpm's for the first couple of miles, at least in cool weather.  She just had service and new brake pads.  Tires are good. 

Hell.  If I talk about it any more I'm going to change my mind.  Get it while the gettin's good. 

two oh fi', sixers 1 seven niner niner fo fo, text & say who it is.  If I'm at work it may take me a few hours to answer.  Or PM me here.  Your wife needs this bike. 

The price is non-negotiable just yet, because I am pretty attached.  I hate selling stuff.   :'(     Chitza reminded me that it's nearly 10 years old, but I don't care.  It's still good. 
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

kdtrull