News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Ride to High Falls Sat 1-14

Started by klaviator, January 11, 2017, 10:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

klaviator

The weather forecast is showing dry and high 60s for Saturday.  Time for a mid winter ride
Hopefully with the rain in the forecast this week there will be plenty of water flowing over the Falls.

Meet:   Huddle House in Guntersville.

Time:  9:00 if you want to eat.
KSU:  10:00  Get gas BEFORE getting there.  We will not have any gas stops for about 80 miles.

The plan is to ride to High Falls were we will spend some time enjoying the view and taking pictures.  The we'll ride to Scottsboro.  From there some twisty back roads back towards Huntsville.  Maybe we'll stop for lunch in Scottsboro depending on what everyone wants to do.   

For those of you who have never been to high falls:

hawkvtx

Unless something unexpected comes up I'll see you at the Huddle House.
2006 Honda VTX 1800C
2022 BMW G310GS
2018 Honda Rebel 500

BuckeyeDoug

bergman32

Chuck A.

Heaven forbid I make riding plans, But I hope to see ya'll Saturday morning. Bike hasn't been on asphalt in 2 months. ???
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

ScooterRick

I will be there. Need to get out and ride!
"No more Vespa"

polarissalesman

sure would be nice to get to do this ride ,,,,.... If I was that close to Pikeville Store & Deli in Scottsboro I'd have to go eat there.... but that's just me....
"keep the rubber side down"

jrobinson

The store was closed. I'm not sure if they opened up again.

klaviator

I think the store is still closed. 

norton73

http://www.southsautyresort.com/lodging.htm

Fun roads from High Falls to South Sauty Cafe. Burgers aren't as good as they used to be, call first to make sure they are open.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

hawkvtx

It is...but there are several good watering holes with food in Scottsboro. Jefferson's, Buster's, Smiling Jack's. There is also Triple R BBQ and a couple of pretty good Mexican places too.
2006 Honda VTX 1800C
2022 BMW G310GS
2018 Honda Rebel 500

klaviator

The North Alabama Vintage club will also be riding in the same area.  I think they will be eating lunch at the South Sauty cafe.  We'll stop and say hi if they are there.  Is that the place at the RV park by the long bridge?

norton73

Loose nut holding the handlebars

zdc1775

This the right one? 1830 Gunter Ave, Guntersville, AL 35976

Vanessa and I will be there with a friend in tow.

klaviator

Quote from: zdc1775 on January 13, 2017, 12:56:28 PM
This the right one? 1830 Gunter Ave, Guntersville, AL 35976

Vanessa and I will be there with a friend in tow.

That's the one.  It's right on the main drag just south of Mcd's except on the other side of the road.