News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

First Group Ride - to New Market, AL

Started by ctag, July 30, 2018, 09:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctag

Yesterday the NAVMC had a ride out to New Market BBQ, about 35 miles away.

We got underway at noon from Barnes & Noble south on Memorial Parkway, already outside of the road territory I'm familiar with.

I was a little anxious about keeping up with the group while not doing anything stupid, but before long we spread out a little and I quickly became preoccupied with the absolutely gorgeous views from our route. I definitely have to go back out sometime and take pictures from the overlooks we passed. At 1pm on the dot we arrived in the parking lot of New Market BBQ and filed inside to have lunch.

The food was great, and about 2pm we wandered back outside and started the return trip.

Along the way back we shed members as they found their exit. I didn't recognize the shopping center we had left from, so I had to follow Allen (oh, I think it's Allen, I'm terrible with names) all the way to the front of the Barnes & Noble before I knew where I was again.

I don't think there could be more perfect weather for a couple hours out riding; it was just warm enough at the red lights that I could really appreciate moving again. And this trip actually ticked two boxes for me, it was both my first group ride, and the longest day trip I've taken :)

Frank Smith

Glad you enjoyed New Market Barbecue.  It's a good place to eat. 
Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

klaviator

First group ride and you posted a ride report too!  Way to go!

kdtrull

Quote from: ctag on July 30, 2018, 09:08:45 PM
And this trip actually ticked two boxes for me, it was both my first group ride, and the longest day trip I've taken :)

We can (and will happily) help you on both accounts.  Way to go ctag.

TWJohn

I like that place too. Just a couple miles from my house.
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650