News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

TN Dirt Devil

Started by Muss, March 23, 2016, 08:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muss

So I have had the dirt devil map for months and finally got up there today. There were some sections that were awesome. Must have done 20 creek crossings today. Decent scenery tho nothing awe inspiring. Literally half of the route is hardball and another 1/3 is hard packed gravel/clay backroad that were equally uninspiring. So I guess I did like 120 miles.  About 30 were pretty cool. Got some cool pics tho.

Lots of creek crossings. One section the road and creek crossed each other like 10 times in a mile. Several times the road was the creek bed. Very cool.

Talked to the owner of this house outside of Columbia. Built in 1870. He literally told me it's not all the old. lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guidedawg

The road may not have been all you hoped for, but based on the pics, it looks like it was a great getaway.

Nice Goat

Awesome photos.  I need to go check out those roads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Muss

The northern most section is the best by far

Yankee Dog

Interesting.  The legendary and most awesome KDtrull said the Triangle was an awesome dirt ride. 

kdtrull

Quote from: Yankee Dog on March 25, 2016, 11:29:18 PM
Interesting.  The legendary and most awesome KDtrull said the Triangle was an awesome dirt ride.

Indeed.  Keep in mind, the route I gave you includes some areas that the Middle TN hooligans from "the other site" showed me.  You got the file...go look!!!  :D
None of it is hard-core, it's just a great ride with some available "challenges".  What I find interesting is that many of the photos in this report I do not recognize.
Perhaps the route can be further enhanced??
I'm gonna' be off the 2ooth through the 10th of April.  I'm ready to come out of hibernation, if you want to go.

lazeebum

I have seen the little barn with the symbol. I just can't remember when or where.

Muss

That barn is around mt pleasant if I remember correctly.

lazeebum

I may have seen it on another barn.

Yankee Dog

Quote from: kdtrull on March 26, 2016, 11:32:02 PM

I'm gonna' be off the 2ooth through the 10th of April.  I'm ready to come out of hibernation, if you want to go.

How about Friday 8 April?   Assuming I can get the day off.  Which I'm pretty sure I can. 

Muss

I can ride Friday. I wouldn't  b able get up there till like 11 tho

lazeebum

Ahem! Do I see a camp and ride in the werks?

Muss

lol. Yeah I could camp too.

kdtrull

Quote from: Yankee Dog on April 02, 2016, 10:06:06 AM
Quote from: kdtrull on March 26, 2016, 11:32:02 PM

How about Friday 8 April?   Assuming I can get the day off.  Which I'm pretty sure I can.

I'm in.  You thinking day trip or overnight?  You can do it in a day but it will be a 12+ hour day from Decatur.  As of tonight, the forecast for next Friday in that area is not so great....60s and 40% rain....realizing that can change 10 times between now and then.  We can always bypass parts of the route as needed.  Thoughts?  We could set up at Meriwether Lewis just off the Trace on Thursday evening and have a good jump-start for the day.  That is very near the southern most end of the route.  Our last time around, it was a 10 hour ride from there....accounting for photos, fuel, and food.

lazeebum