News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Urban Moto Terror

Started by dredman, October 15, 2017, 10:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dredman

Found another interesting spot yesterday, and apparently they ran short of money for security, so all the doors are open.  Made for an interesting (and short) ride inside, and should make for another ride soon, maybe with a flashlight/weapon?  I love exploring old stuff like this ESPECIALLY on a moto.

Anyone interested in more urbanmototerror?

JBMFT

Interested. Where is this (I think I know)?

KevinB

Jrou and I went a couple of years ago...pretty sure we ran up on some folks dumping a body (or other nefarious work) in one of the upper decks of the parking structure. We turned around, and they tried to catch up with a quickness.

I'd definitely tote some iron...

kdtrull

klaviator

I saw you going against the directions arrows on the pavement.  You could get a ticket :lol-049:

That does look like fun :bike-038:

dredman

Quote from: KevinB on October 15, 2017, 03:29:29 PM
Jrou and I went a couple of years ago...pretty sure we ran up on some folks dumping a body (or other nefarious work) in one of the upper decks of the parking structure. We turned around, and they tried to catch up with a quickness.

I'd definitely tote some iron...

I want to go back, but I am not going back in unarmed.
Maybe we should do a ride n shoot first?
I don't want to get shot by folks I am riding with?  :battle-6:

IceCold4x4

B'ham PD has run some friends out of there and arrested one or two for being in the old hospital. Just a heads up.

Fencejumper09

I've been in the parking decks but normally at night! I don't have the balls to go inside the hospital at night!!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

dredman

Quote from: IceCold4x4 on October 16, 2017, 02:03:00 AM
B'ham PD has run some friends out of there and arrested one or two for being in the old hospital. Just a heads up.

I imagine they have had some problems - I was planning a head's up to the man, and maybe even a slight nod.  There is a operational helo-base across the street.

snake89

I do this kind of riding in Memphis all the time. I call it urban exploring. Lots of old alleyways behind houses in the Midtown area i live in. Lots of abandoned commercial buildings too that are open and fun to flat track in. I love graffiti too so i take pics with my bike next to the good ones. Riding my KLR or my DRZ400 Motard i can spend a day exploring and never leave town. A good way to kill a few hours.
I can beat the Paramedics to my crashes by at least 10 minutes.

JBMFT

Nice Goat

Gotta be careful with all them stickers.... KLRs already have too much horsepower
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."