News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Glad to be back!

Started by MAXISS, July 27, 2023, 02:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAXISS

I took an extended break from riding due to some major life-altering events, but I am finally back!  Man that was a bumpy road  :D... 

Anyway, Some of you MIGHT remember me as "Blue Thunder" from waaay back in 2007-2009 on some of the group rides out of 29 Dreams.  I no longer have that VStar 1300, and I have had a couple of other rides since then (FJR 1300 & Valkyrie Interstate), but nothing that lasted long-term.  I have finally found my ride, a 2013 Yamaha XT1200Z Super Ténéré. I will have to go back and relearn how to add pictures again, but I am loving this bike! 

I now live in the Fayetteville, TN. area and work in Huntsville, AL. I also still have family in the Hueytown/McCalla area, so I can't wait to go on some rides and meet y'all. 

Thanks for letting me back in!  Have a blessed day!

klaviator

Welcome back.  There are a bunch of us here in North Alabama and many of our rides are in Tennessee.  We often start out in Ardmore or Taft.  Sometimes we start in Gurley and end up riding to Sewannee or Lynchburg.  We do both street and DS/ADV rides. 

klaviator

Since you live in Fayetteville you should be able to recognize one of our favorite stops.

Chuck & Susan

Welcome back!!
We live in Lower Bama and ride north every chance we get. Hope to meet up with you on one of those rides.
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

jrobinson

MAXISS

Quote from: klaviator on July 27, 2023, 04:26:14 PM
Since you live in Fayetteville you should be able to recognize one of our favorite stops.

Yes, sir!  Your handle looks familiar, too.  I think we have ridden together before, or at least talked back when the other forum was up.  How have you been?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAXISS

Quote from: jrobinson on July 27, 2023, 07:47:35 PM
Welcome back
Thank you!  Your handle looks familiar to me.  Are you local to the HSV/FVL area?

MAXISS

Quote from: Chuck & Susan on July 27, 2023, 07:19:36 PM
Welcome back!!
We live in Lower Bama and ride north every chance we get. Hope to meet up with you on one of those rides.
Thank you!  Looking forward to it

klaviator

Quote from: MAXISS on July 27, 2023, 08:12:24 PM
Yes, sir!  Your handle looks familiar, too.  I think we have ridden together before, or at least talked back when the other forum was up.  How have you been?

I joined the Bamarides forum back in 2013.  I don't remember if we rode together.  I'm doing well and have been retired for 4 years now. 

We have a pretty active group up in this area but during the summer months we tend to be out of town a lot riding in the mountains to the East.  Next week I'll be riding out of Maggie Valley enjoying the 70 degree temperatures instead of the 90s here.

jrobinson

I'm in NE Alabama, just east of Huntsville.  Been on this forum since 2008.

Quote from: MAXISS on July 27, 2023, 08:15:26 PM
Thank you!  Looking forward to it