Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Hollytree Singletrack 12-9 to 12-10

Started by Fencejumper09, December 02, 2017, 07:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Fencejumper09

Edit for Info:
**************************************************************************************************************
Meet-up for anyone heading up from south or central AL

2259 Mt Olive Brookside Rd, Mt Olive, AL 35117
Time: 6:00 am Breakfast
          6:30 am Rolling out (be gassed up and ready to roll)
Pace: I normally drive +5 to 10 over the speed limit

Ride: Grey Nissan Frontier with a YZ250 and maybe a green bike

Camping:
   I plan to bring some firewood and sausages to cook over the fire. I will have an ez-up and a couple chairs. Bring as many layers as you can to fight this cold weather.
**********************************************************************************************************
Heading up to Hollytree to check out the new single track.

The plan is to head up Saturday morning from Birmingham as early as possible to get to the park by 9am. We will ride the new technical trails, that they have just completed, all day and plan to camp out Saturday night on-site. I believe that they have some good double track to explore if anyone is not interested in the tight stuff!

http://www.hollytreeoffroad.com

The price for admittance is a pretty big investment at $15 for 2 days and includes camping! Let me know if you need some info on second mortgages!

We are still trying to confirm if night rides are allowed and if so, we ride the dark!!

Sunday morning we can get up and ride some more before packing up and heading home!

We can plan some food for Saturday night and Sunday morning here and if anyone wants to meet up and travel together just let me know!

It should be a great weekend of riding some new technical trails or double track, pick your poison!!

Post up here if you plan to join up, and discuss plans for the weekend!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

jrobinson

The store at Hollytree is closed, no food or gas. Gurley is closest food/fuel, 13 miles.

I live 5 miles from the park and may be able to get away for a few hours.

Fair warning -- if you get hurt, I'm the one that comes to scoop you up and throw you in Air Evac. If you need CPR, sorry, you're gonna die.  :)

If you need tools or repair to bikes while here, I have a few tools to get you back going.

David DoubleEX

You picked a cold day to ride. High 45, low 26. I think I will skip on this one. I dont have a truck so I would be stuck riding in freezing cold to get there. I can marshmallow up on the V Strom, but a little harder to do on the dirt bike.
I am located in scottsboro. Not too far from hollytree. Holler if you need anything!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

kylepeterson

45C is too hawwwwt ! 26C is purrrrfect !

Just kidding. Actually mid 40's is about perfect for daytime hard enduro practice. you warm up PLENTY fast and stay warm all day. I'm planning to truck my dirty bike up and play, hopefully night ride with ma boys !

Who's down for some craziness ? :D
just give 'er the berries !

jrobinson

Hey David, I can bring your bike from Scottsboro to The Valley one day this week and store it for you til Saturday. You can drive over on Saturday and ride, then I'll deliver back the next week.

yamahamer

If I can get my parts in and installed, and get Saturday off. Dam, that's a lot of if's.  ???

Fencejumper09

Quote from: yamahamer on December 04, 2017, 07:35:04 AM
If I can get my parts in and installed, and get Saturday off. Dam, that's a lot of if's.  ???

I hope you can make it! It looks like a sweet place!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Fencejumper09

A long edit from the legend Gary Barr taking a tour through some of the new stuff! This is going to be a workout fellas! If you are worried about coming out to this, so am I! It is going to be a test or our skills but I think as a group we can all gain some good experience in riding trails like this!!

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

springer

Do they have any sissy trails for sissy riders who ride big type Adventure bikes and are to weak to pick them back up after...say 10 times?

Asking for a friend...

:D
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Fencejumper09

It looks like they have some double track and jeep trails, I am unsure of the difficulty level of said trails.
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

jrobinson

It's been a year since I've bee to the park. Like David says, there's wide jeep trails you can ride. Some require a good hill climb to get up to them, but they are too rough going up. There's a large field where you can ride a dirt track where they do Autocross for cars.

kylepeterson

Quote from: springer on December 04, 2017, 08:38:54 AM
Do they have any sissy trails for sissy riders who ride big type Adventure bikes and are to weak to pick them back up after...say 10 times?

Asking for a friend...

:D

looks like a trials bike would be a better choice, if anyone had one laying around
just give 'er the berries !

Fencejumper09

Maybe a trials bike with a seat would be about perfect!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

springer

Quote from: kylepeterson on December 04, 2017, 10:35:11 AM
looks like a trials bike would be a better choice, if anyone had one laying around
It is gone... :( Fun while it lasted and helped with my skills...but my skills were not much.  :(

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on December 04, 2017, 10:35:49 AM
Maybe a trials bike with a seat and a rider worth a darn would be about perfect!
Had to do a little fixing there /\ to get it more on target.  ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

David DoubleEX

Sent you a PM Johnny...

I am on a WR426F! I'm thinking I should be able to handle it. I have done some rough stuff on the WR.
Now I just need to find my riding armor. Seemed to misplace it...

What are you guys riding? (For those if you going)

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk