Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Hollytree Singletrack 12-9 to 12-10

Started by Fencejumper09, December 02, 2017, 07:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

springer

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on December 07, 2017, 07:53:56 AM
I will be bringing at least a Nissan Frontier half bed full! Should be enough for 1 night!
Going to be a cold night...y'all going to take shifts in keeping the home fire burning?  :D
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Fencejumper09

Currently looking into ways to add a fireplace into a tent! I'll let y'all know what I find!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Fencejumper09

So it looks like there is going to be a Rallycross Sunday! This should provide some entertainment!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

jrobinson

Low Sunday morning is 22 deg around 6 am.

klaviator

Quote from: jrobinson on December 07, 2017, 09:08:21 AM
Low Sunday morning is 22 deg around 6 am.

But the high on Saturday is now predicted to be 47.  That's better than the 42 in an earlier forecast. ;D

Fencejumper09

Now that is the kind of optimism I like to see!

I am heading to cycle gear tomorrow to pick up some Freeze Out glove liners! Post up here if you want me to pick up something for you!!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

jrobinson

Quote from: klaviator on December 07, 2017, 09:17:53 AM
But the high on Saturday is now predicted to be 47.  That's better than the 42 in an earlier forecast. ;D

And the sun will be shining. Looks like a good day to ride. I'm hoping I can manage to ride a little.

You guys coming from Bham, I-65 is the quickest, but coming though Guntersville on Hwy 79 is a nice drive and only 5 minutes longer.

Fencejumper09

Just remember "the weather outside is weather!" Let's Ride!

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

David DoubleEX

Thanks to johnny being a great person, I will be there Saturday as well!

What is on the menu for foods? Hollytree is 25 minutes from gurley, which I believe is the closest gas, food, and grocery. Is that right johnny?

Are we cooking over the campfire? Someone bringing a grill? Picking up food from Hardees(your only option)?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Fencejumper09

I plan to bring some sausage and a big fork to cook over the fire. I should have a couple extra. I will be bringing a camp stove (not a grill) to cook some eggs and bacon for breakfast burritos Sunday if you decide to camp.

Saturday lunch will probably be tuna packets and tortillas!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

jrobinson

Quote from: David DoubleEX on December 07, 2017, 10:39:04 AM
Thanks to johnny being a great person, I will be there Saturday as well!

What is on the menu for foods? Hollytree is 25 minutes from gurley, which I believe is the closest gas, food, and grocery. Is that right johnny?

Are we cooking over the campfire? Someone bringing a grill? Picking up food from Hardees(your only option)?

Gurley is about 15 miles from the park. 15 minutes on my Harley. 

Gurley has an Auto Zone, 3 gas stations/stores, Piggly Wiggly, Dollar General, Hardees, Subway and a decent Mexican restaurant.  Joe's Pizza is about 17 miles(Woodville area) from the park and they have really good food, but only 2 tables. Best to do take out from there.

If yall need a grill, I can bring mine for you.

David DoubleEX

Thanks johnny. Forgot about subway and didnt know about Mexican.

Ok, we don't want to go anywhere for lunch. Thats prime riding time. It'll be warmer and the sun is out, so lets plan to eat whatever we have there for lunch. I will probably grab a sub that morning on my way and eat it for lunch.

I'd vote to go eat for dinner. Perhaps the Mexican place? We will figure something out. Play it by ear!

klaviator

We ate at that Mexican place a few years ago after a day of cold dual sport riding in the area.  It was pretty good.  If you guys want to eat there we could set up a flash mob and maybe get a few other people to show up.

AT-AT

I'll be there for sure tomorrow morning. (I'll meet y all put there around 9) cant stay to camp but will ride most of Saturday. And whoever has that other Africa twin we need to go ride some time! I'm taking my YZ250 to hollytree though. I wanna try the gnarly stuff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

springer

Quote from: AT-AT on December 08, 2017, 09:51:32 AM
I'll be there for sure tomorrow morning. (I'll meet y all put there around 9) cant stay to camp but will ride most of Saturday. And whoever has that other Africa twin we need to go ride some time! I'm taking my YZ250 to hollytree though. I wanna try the gnarly stuff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
That would be me. Looking forward to it!

Sort of "up in the air" for me about making it to the ride tomorrow.
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.