News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

What is your favorite Off-road/on road boot?

Started by springer, March 02, 2018, 10:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

springer

Quote from: SpeedyR on May 01, 2018, 04:01:53 PM
sizing input:

if you are in between sizes always go up a size. remove the OE foot bed, it's usually crap like a piece of compressed cardboard. Go to your favorite sporting goods/mass retailer (Walmart, Target, REI, Dicks, etc) and get a good gel footbed. anything, doesn't have to be fancy. consider the thickness of your OE footbed and who much room you want to take up in your boot and get that thickness or just get what you like. replace footbed. Ride in comfort with a better fitting boot and more cushion on the bottom of your foot from vibration..

I pretty much do this in ever pair of footwear I own. Helps that I have slightly narrow feet so I can wear just about anything and have it be much more comfortable than the stock boots.

as for the other boots- I like boots that have solid ankle protection and a hinge system. Usually by the time a solid leather boot is "comfortable" the protection in your ankle area is lost. I tend to ride with full MX boots, even on multi day dual sport rides but then again I drop my 450lb bike a lot and like having solid protection. I need to find a good pair of goretex socks to wear in inclement weather inside my boots. goretex boots are good but once water gets inside the boot over the top, it takes FOREVER for them to dry out without a fan or something to blow air thru them. I've had in the past Alpinestars, TCX (really liked them) and currently sport a pair of Sidi Crossfire 2 TA boots. fashionable orange and black. :)

Aaaahhh...okay.

Anywho, here's a video on the Formas;

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

TFancher

I bought the Forma Adventure boots a while back and the Free State Ride was the first time I had worn them on a ride. They are very comfortable for walking around and once I got used to shifting with them on, I am very pleased with them.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

yamahamer

Took my first ride in mine today. Very comfortable and easy to ride in. Much more comfortable standing than work boots.

Sent from my SGP561 using Tapatalk

klaviator

Mine came in today.  I ordered size 12 which is what I normally wear and they seem to run true to size.  I'll report back when I have had a chance to ride in them and break them in a bit.

gulfcoaster

Quote from: klaviator on May 07, 2018, 04:26:35 PM
Mine came in today.  I ordered size 12 which is what I normally wear and they seem to run true to size.  I'll report back when I have had a chance to ride in them and break them in a bit.

I have that same pair and I've been wearing them for a year or so. I haven't really gone stomping thru any streams to test how waterproof they are. But they are pretty comfortable and offer decent protection.

yamahamer

So I'm not the only one walking around the house in shorts in my Forma's? LOL

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

yamahamer

BTW I got a great deal on mine from this guy on ebay.
New boots but no box.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

klaviator

I'm thinking of wearing mine the next time I mow the yard.  That should help break them in.

kdtrull

My Forma Adventure boots are a little over a year old and still waterproof.  Very comfortable for walking.  Good chance I'd buy them again when this pair wears out.

DonJuan

I have a never ridden in pair of Sidi Discovery boots. I'm trying them out tomorrow. Will update with first impressionss.
KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

norton73

I've got a pair I have had for almost 20 years. They are great for trials riding, very flexable, but no ankle stiffness to protect you from twisting or breaking it.  They used to be waterproof, I could walk wet trials sections without getting wet feet. But the last couple times I rode with them, I got wet feet in the rain.
Great for walking in, but not what i would recommend for serious off road enduro riding.

Loose nut holding the handlebars