News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Bosch Sliding Mitigation Project

Started by kdtrull, May 22, 2018, 08:50:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nice Goat

Revolutionary ... or more nanny protection ... can't decide which!
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

kdtrull

Same feelings here....but I'm all about some innovative R&D.  Sometimes something really good comes out....like the airbag vest/jacket gadgets.

Gam

That motorcycle to car communication system sounds pretty good, particularly with driverless cars on the way.

kylepeterson

Quote from: kdtrull on May 22, 2018, 08:50:15 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/05/22/air-jets-on-motorcycles-could-prevent-crashes.html

will now we know where they are spending all their money instead of making better fuel injectors.

that's total BS

I really don't want an air-curtain-sized explosive medium housed in a high pressure canister, on my motorcycle, for obvious reasons.

at first I thought it was intended to now away the gravel, that looked neat. nanny state silly, but neat. then I realized the idea was to put down pressure on a sliding motorcycle by setting off an explosion on the high side... that's just crazy.

how about instead of doing that make the foam encapsulation thing we saw on Terminator or whatever that movie was?  encapsulate the entire bike in a foam bubble so we can side into a half dozen things and not get torn apart? I'm cool with that.

just give 'er the berries !

kdtrull

I'll be flabbergasted if this experiment makes it beyond the first prototype or two....notice the image is all CGI.  Nice try though.

At least they are thinking about motorcycles.

springer

Quote from: kdtrull on May 23, 2018, 07:00:16 PM
I'll be flabbergasted if this experiment makes it beyond the first prototype or two....notice the image is all CGI.  Nice try though.

At least they are thinking about motorcycles.
Wellll...that's not always a good thing...depends on who does the thinking ya know?
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

kdtrull

Quote from: springer on May 23, 2018, 07:04:37 PM
Wellll...that's not always a good thing...depends on who does the thinking ya know?

Too true...could be Ralph Nader Motorcycle R&D (Elimination)  :D

JBMFT

Quote from: kylepeterson on May 23, 2018, 05:47:20 PM
how about instead of doing that make the foam encapsulation thing we saw on Terminator or whatever that movie was?  encapsulate the entire bike in a foam bubble so we can side into a half dozen things and not get torn apart? I'm cool with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnyhkBU1yaw

Demolition Man, solid 90's action film.