News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

North Carolina Trip

Started by mojo1, August 27, 2019, 08:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mojo1

I plan on going to North Carolina for 4 days between Sept. 18 thru 24. I am thinking of staying in Waynesville or Maggie Valley. The first day ride to get there, the second day ride the area North and the third day the area South and make my way back home on the fourth. If anyone wants to go post up what days will work for you.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

JBMFT

I just got back from there!
If you stay in Maggie, I recommend the Laurel Park Inn. It is motorcycle friendly with parking directly in front of the rooms, affordable rates and a pavilion on the end for gathering after riding. 

Sweeper

The Oak Park Inn in Waynesville is a neat old courtyard motel that is motorcycle friendly. It's downtown so easy to get food at the end of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polarissalesman

I'm going the 14th 15th & 16th  but I'm headed to Tellico Plains, mainly because of a cheap cabin, great roads and I can get there in about 5.5 hrs ...
"keep the rubber side down"

mojo1

Quote from: polarissalesman on August 28, 2019, 10:32:26 PM
I'm going the 14th 15th & 16th  but I'm headed to Tellico Plains, mainly because of a cheap cabin, great roads and I can get there in about 5.5 hrs ...
I might be able to go around those days and meet up with you if don't mind me tagging along for a day or two.
GREG
06 FZ1

polarissalesman

sounds good to me ... I don't mind at all
"keep the rubber side down"

mojo1

Quote from: polarissalesman on August 29, 2019, 08:39:01 PM
sounds good to me ... I don't mind at all
I will probably head up on the 13th and stay at the Mountain View Cabins.
GREG
06 FZ1

klaviator

I'm thinking about this.  If I go I'll probably camp.

klaviator

Are you guys still going?  I'm recovering from a case of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and haven't decided yet if I'm up for this.  I guess I need to make a decision pretty soon.

Gam

Quote from: klaviator on September 13, 2019, 10:07:05 AM
Are you guys still going?  I'm recovering from a case of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and haven't decided yet if I'm up for this.  I guess I need to make a decision pretty soon.

That's pretty serious stuff.

klaviator

Quote from: Gam on September 13, 2019, 04:56:51 PM
That's pretty serious stuff.

Yes it is.  I have completed 10 days of antibiotics but it may take a while to completely get over the effects.  I'm going to not go on this trip and just do a day ride tomorrow.  If I start feeling bad I can just head home. 

mojo1

Quote from: klaviator on September 13, 2019, 10:07:05 AM
Just seen your post I am staying in Tellico now if you change your mind and want to ride up. I plan on doing the new section of the Foothills Parkway tomorrow. I am in Suches right now.
GREG
06 FZ1