News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Barber Motorsports Vintage Motorcycle Festival 2022

Started by Chitza, September 30, 2022, 08:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fencejumper09

Really bummed I missed it (and i have been AWOL for a bit)! We were out of town.

So did anyone end up taking the Goldwing parts?

I miss my MC-AL crew!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Chuck & Susan

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on October 11, 2022, 03:05:48 PM
Really bummed I missed it (and i have been AWOL for a bit)! We were out of town.

So did anyone end up taking the Goldwing parts?

I miss my MC-AL crew!

Still on the trailer..... Dang it!!! I haven't been able to pay someone to take them. They will haunt me again next year I guess....  :'(

Suggestion was made that I should return them to your front yard while you were gone.... HEHEHE  :D

We miss you too....
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Fencejumper09

Leave em by the curb someone (trash man) will take them
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Chitza

Well, those Goldwing parts are NOT on the trailer. A very interesting story about their new home. I haven't posted yet because I am so tech challenged. I have video but can't figure out how to post it as I promised the kid's father I would keep it as private as possible. So here is the story. A 16yo boy came in to the booth pulling a Radio Flyer wagon full of an odd assortment of bike parts and gear. His story was that he started with $20 and was buying, selling and trading up until he could buy a bike. I traded him a heavy blue Jean jacket and a set of pipes for some Triumph tank badges.
Then I had an idea. I chased him down and told him if he could sell the Goldwing parts and bring me $5, I would give him a two piece leather suit that has been on the trailer for years. He could also keep anything over $5 that he got for the parts. He took pics and off he went. At the end of day two, he had sold and traded down to a helmet, a jacket, a metal sign and a gas powered scooter. He asked if HE could buy the parts for $5 and sell them online when he got home. Well, of course!! As long as we never see those parts again. Win/win for Moto-AL and a very industrious kid who will be on his own bike very soon.

Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Fencejumper09

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

Chuck & Susan

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on October 11, 2022, 04:07:31 PM
Well that is FREAKIN AWESOME!!

I agree.... I didn't know they left after we departed!!!

Those parts won't haunt me next year..... WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!

Thanks

Chuck
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066