News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Cliff notes on MotoGP 2015

Started by Chitza, November 02, 2015, 09:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chitza

Yes. I've waited too late. Trying to weed through the comments and reports of who was at fault for what has buried the actual stats and I'm really confused. I've read countless articles and still don't know who actually won the race in Sepang. Can someone give me a quick elementary level breakdown of the facts? Mmmm, thanks.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Mulley

Its confusing and awesome all at the same time.

Sepang race results: 1. Pedrosa  2. Lorenzo  3. Rossi

Current points 1. Rossi 312 points 2. Lorenzo 305 points

This Sunday is the final race at Valencia, Spain 6:30 am our time
Sunday, Nov. 8 – Grand Prix of Valencia (7:30 a.m. ET, LIVE FOX Sports 1)
·       Moto3 (2 p.m. ET, SDD, FOX Sports 2)
·       Moto2 (5 p.m. ET, SDD, FOX Sports 2)

I personally think Marquez got himself in a situation that backfired on him. Rossi slowed and forced him outside but MM made the initial contact, which was avoidable. MM crashed out of the race. Rossi finished in 3rd but was penalized 3 points. With the 1 point that he received earlier in the year, the combined 4 points on his license is a mandatory start from the rear. The start from the rear at Valencia is not a direct penalty from Sepang but an accumulated penalty.

Rossi has filed an appeal to Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) to overthrow the judgement. They have promised their ruling by Friday.

This article is a pretty good breakdown.
http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/11/02/rossi-lorenzo-s-epic-title-fight-all-comes-down-to-this/188665

I have full intentions of getting my butt up and watching this one unfold live. 6:30am start will be early. If Rossi comes from the rear to win the championship it will be nothing short of spectacular. I really hope Lorenzo doesn't crash out and hand it to him though.

2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

norton73

Dani Pedarosa won, lorenzo second, rossi third.
All rossi has to do to win the championship is finish second.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

norton73

Mully, you've got the points backwards.  Rossi has 312, Lorenzo has 305.

Mulley

Quote from: norton73 on November 02, 2015, 10:05:36 AM
Mully, you've got the points backwards.  Rossi has 312, Lorenzo has 305.

I know that. It's corrected.

Chitza

Thanks guys. I don't have cable. What time is breakfast served this Sunday? 😎

DachshundUberAlles

The Sepang incident has been a very angry discussion since the moment it happened. The Rossi supporters are throughly convinced that he did no wrong and are furious at the Race Director decision that he did indeed intentionally cause Marquez to crash. It all began in the Thursday press confrence with accusations of collusion between Marquez and Lorenzo to deny Rossi the 2015 title. Frankly, Rossi came off as a whiner for doing that. Subsequent dispariging remarks against Marquez were what fueled the thrilling opening laps of the race, Marquez going all out to stay in front of Rossi while Rossi was frustrated that Marquez would be motivated to do so.
For me, the most damning piece of evidence against Rossi is the fact that Rossi looks very carefully to find Marquez, deliberately alters his line and slow his speed to push Marquez off the track. In the first opportunity to speak following the race, Rossi claims that he was altering his line to "achieve a better drive out of the corner". Utterly laughable. The bottom line is that he sought to play a mind game on Marquez but it backfired. Marquez rode with fire and it was Rossi who couldn't control his frustration and decided to lash out.
Now, if Rossi were able to overcome the last row start to win the title, it would be an emphatic statement of dominance and ability to rise up under great pressure. And it should be noted that Marquez has accomplished that very feat, so there is a direct comparison to be had here.
There's no such thing as a "REAL RIDER!". If you have a motorcycle, you've done all you need to do.

norton73

Quote from: Chitza on November 02, 2015, 10:39:29 AM
Thanks guys. I don't have cable. What time is breakfast served this Sunday? 😎

no cable either.

I'm a cheap sob, I watch flattrack on fans choice because it's free. With so many other things to do on the weekends,  I don't want to feel compelled to watch tv because I paid for it.

Mulley

I don't have cable either.

Borrow someones cable, Directv or Dishnetwork login information and watch on the web.

www.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

Chitza

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/motogp-honda-claims-rossi-kicked-marquez-s-brake-lever-110215

Pardon me. I am humbled. Rossi is the goat. If he can kick Marquez's front brake lever at that speed, while preparing to corner, all others should hang it up.

And imma just leave this right here:

norton73

Quote from: Mulley on November 02, 2015, 11:19:35 AM
I don't have cable either.

Borrow someones cable, Directv or Dishnetwork login information and watch on the web.

www.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

Hmmm..I think I know where i can get one.

DachshundUberAlles

Imma just leave this right here...

Jorge Lorenzo is the 2015 MotoGP World Champion.
There's no such thing as a "REAL RIDER!". If you have a motorcycle, you've done all you need to do.

Chitza

Decisively so. First place flag to flag. Out of 30 laps only about 5 were above the 1:31 lap time.

I was just watching for the ass shots any way.

matthew.j.riley1

Yall see how Marquez didn't even challenge lorenzo the whole race but blocked and slowed down his own teammate Pedrosa when he took a charge on lorenzo. Not to mention what happened in Malaysia. I think mm and lorenzo where in cahoots to have a Spanish champion. Im not saying Rossi would have won but it would have been nice to see the 2 championship contenders to be able to battle out the last race on equal grounds to prove who was the better rider. Even though lorenzo won the championship the majority of the motogp fans hate Marquez and have little respect for lorenzo. It made a big statement when every time rossi made a pass the spanish crowd went wild when the 3 race leaders were Spaniards. Rossi is the peoples champ. I hope Marquez has plenty of security guards at all times, there are plenty of motogp fans that want his head.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Mulley

I lost a lot if respect for Marquez in this crap. I really liked Lorenzo in his first few seasons but not so much now. He didn't do anything wrong on the track but he was vocal about his own teammate deserving a stiffer penalty. That's not cool. I guess you can say I'm on the Rossi bandwagon.

The race had potential to be awesome. You can't tell me that Pedrosa was able to make up over 2 seconds in a matter of a few laps but MM couldn't even attempt to pass Lorenzo. Rossi did all he could and a fine job getting up to fourth. He was dependant on a mistake at the front. Lorenzo rode a great, smooth race and without really being pushed by MM a mistake wasn't going to happen. Pedrosa got there a few laps top late to make it really interesting. At that point it was too late for him to really go for it although he did make one good attempt to pass MM. I'm guessing that Rossi's tires were probably done by the time he caught Pedrosa and had no chance of passing anyone else so he had to settle for 4th.

All jokes aside Lorenzo is a fantastic rider and a worthy champion. Just a crappy teammate.