News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Cliff notes on MotoGP 2015

Started by Chitza, November 02, 2015, 09:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DachshundUberAlles

Quote from: matthew.j.riley1 on November 08, 2015, 11:50:59 AM
Yall see how Marquez didn't even challenge lorenzo the whole race but blocked and slowed down his own teammate Pedrosa when he took a charge on lorenzo. Not to mention what happened in Malaysia. I think mm and lorenzo where in cahoots to have a Spanish champion. Im not saying Rossi would have won but it would have been nice to see the 2 championship contenders to be able to battle out the last race on equal grounds to prove who was the better rider. Even though lorenzo won the championship the majority of the motogp fans hate Marquez and have little respect for lorenzo. It made a big statement when every time rossi made a pass the spanish crowd went wild when the 3 race leaders were Spaniards. Rossi is the peoples champ. I hope Marquez has plenty of security guards at all times, there are plenty of motogp fans that want his head.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

In the interview after the race, Pedrosa stated that he made a mistake during his pass attempt on Marquez. Rossi can be the
people's champ, Lorenzo's name will still be engraved on the MotoGP trophy long after both are dead and gone.
There's no such thing as a "REAL RIDER!". If you have a motorcycle, you've done all you need to do.

Mulley

And the drama continues.

www.sportrider.com/rossi-continues-accusations-marquez-lorenzo-pedrosa-and-jarvis-respond
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

DachshundUberAlles

"If you see the statistics compared to our rival we beat him in everything..."
Jorge Lorenzo.

That pretty much sums it up. One can go all in fanboy and try to lessen Lorenzos accomplishment because they are a diehard Rossi acolyte, but it doesn't change the outcomes. Rossi created the mess he wound up in, further complaining on his part makes him look bitter and petty, not the way a champion of his stature should be acting.
There's no such thing as a "REAL RIDER!". If you have a motorcycle, you've done all you need to do.

Brian A

I like Rossi. I like his personality and the way he deals with people and fame.

That said, and regarding all the recent hoopla, I decided years ago to never get heavily invested as a spectator, in any form of sporting event. I watch whatever I watch for the entertainment value and hope for some really impressive displays of talent and maybe some dramatic moments.

I watched the race and was hoping for a more climactic, dramatic finish. But such was not to be the case.

They are all incredible riders and provide for some awesome spectator moments, and that's where it stops for me. The extenuating circumstances are relevant to me only so far as their impact on the event. After that, it has no bearing on my life and my happiness.

Going back a few weeks, I think both MM and VR should have been penalized, or neither should have been. But what I think doesn't matter. And that's part of the reason I don't get too invested in spectator events: What I think and what I do has no bearing on the event so I choose to let the event have no bearing on me - beyond the entertainment value it offers.

Lorenzo's name will be on the trophy, but (as Mulley commented to me) "there will be an asterisk beside it."
If not literally, then in the eyes of many Moto GP fans. 

klaviator

I agree with Brian here.  I seldom watch sports on TV.  I'd rather go out and do things myself.  I watched part of this race but then the choice was to watch the end of the race or leave to get down to Al's place in time for the RFP.  I chose to go ride. 

I also like Rossi.  I'm guessing that years in the future he will be remembered much more than any of the other riders from this year's races.

DachshundUberAlles

I can't get with the "asterisk" notion. A championship is won over the full season, with many factors leading to the final result. In the 68 years of Gran Prix motorcycle roadracing that has occurred since its founding in 1947, there are ample opportunities to affix asterisks if one so chooses to do so. All an asterisk does is make someone feel good over a perception that a person they don't like is "diminished" compared to the person that they do like.

Shepcam

2013 Kawasaki Concours

DachshundUberAlles

Brian A

I ran across this article. One of the best objective pieces I have read.
It does a very good job of acknowledging the good and bad of the personalities involved while at the same time, providing what I think is a good assessment of the empirical aspects of the championship.

http://rtrsports.co.uk/rossi-lorenzo-and-the-truth-we-wont-admit/

DachshundUberAlles

Good article, especially the inclusion of the facts that backed up JL99's statement about "beating his rival in everything". It's been kind of funny to read all the predictions of "DOOM!" should VR46 decide to leave MotoGP. Stars have come and gone, yet the series still remains. How does the quote go: "The graveyards are filled with indispensable men". The truth is that if MM93 ascends to the level it looks like he's capable of reaching, the throng will gravitate to him eagerly. People love a winner.
The 2016 season should be very interesting. The teams and riders are going to have to come to grips with the transition from Bridgestone to Michelin tires, so all that meticulously collected data over the past several years isn't going to help them. Each track will be a new experience and challenge. Couple that with the appearance of the Moto2 graduates who will be eager to prove themselves, Round 1 of 2016 can't get here soon enough.