News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Rider headsets

Started by Chitza, December 10, 2015, 07:49:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chitza

I own a Sena headset. And it has lots of features. So far the only one I have been able to use consistently is connection with one other rider and pairing to my headset to another rider that I have t ridden with before. And of course plugging it into my iPod. (My iPod is old. No Bluetooth). There is also a way to connect Sena to most other brand headsets.

I would like to guage interest in a get together for folks to help each other get the most out of our headsets. Trouble shoot, practice set up. Share features you like most. The poll will tell me which is the most popular headset and I'll see if I can drum up an expert for that brand. Respond here if you're interested in a Flashmob for this, as teacher or student.

****FYI   If you are accessing this thread via Tapatalk, you can't see or vote in the poll.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

IceCold4x4

I use the 20s everyday.  And can do groups of 4 no problem.  I can help others if ya want

Slede

I don't have one as of yet but I'd be interested in learning about them and seeing which one I'd be willing to chunk the change down for.
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

Argh Oh

A new owner of a pair of Sena 20S.

Nice Goat

I have the Sena SMH-10.  It pairs fairly easily with other Sena's ... once you read the instructions.   :o

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Chitza

I can pair easily. I'm struggling with Bluetooth connectivity and using my phone. Also thought we might discuss some of the more advanced features like connecting more than one additional headset and connecting to non-Sena sets. I've heard lots of complaints about updating the firmware.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

KevinB

My SMH-10 is about 3 1/2 years old now, and I'm starting to experience a few issues with it.

Battery life has dwindled to @ 4 - 5 hours (constant music, turning off at longer gas/food stops).

I'm also having pairing issues. I can pair my headset with Glenn, Pat and Shane, and they can call me...but I can't call them ("Intercom failed, try again later"). We've re-paired several times, and it continues to do the same thing.

The mount has cracked/broken where the mic enters the mount from the frequent flexing of the boom. I've glued it back together for the most part, but there are still some electronics exposed. I don't really fault the unit for this, as it's gotten plenty of honest use.

I've been happy with it overall, and plan to replace it with a 10s or 20s soon. I'm sure I could use some help getting the new unit paired with everything and figuring out all the features.

Maybe someone could help me figure out how to get my phone paired with my Garmin 660 too... :)

speedfire

Is that the one I worked on?

IceCold4x4

They sell that part seperately for like 30 bucks

KevinB

Quote from: IceCold4x4 on January 13, 2016, 10:45:48 AM
They sell that part seperately for like 30 bucks

I thought about that (and I've got a spare mount on my dual sport helmet), but I'd still be dealing with the other issues. I've heard that once the battery starts to go on these, it's pretty much toast...so I'd be in the market for a new one anyways soon.

Quote from: speedfire on January 13, 2016, 10:25:53 AM
Is that the one I worked on?

10-4

Zeus

speedfire

I can replace the battery for ya.

JBMFT

Quote from: KevinB on January 13, 2016, 10:19:40 AM
The mount has cracked/broken where the mic enters the mount from the frequent flexing of the boom. I've glued it back together for the most part, but there are still some electronics exposed. I don't really fault the unit for this, as it's gotten plenty of honest use.

https://sugru.com/

Miracle stuff.

KevinB

What type of scorcery is this you've presented for us to behold?!

That stuff looks awesome.

JBMFT

Quote from: KevinB on January 16, 2016, 12:15:14 PM
What type of scorcery is this you've presented for us to behold?!

That stuff looks awesome.

Yeah, it works exactly as advertised. Great stuff.