IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

kylepeterson

Quote from: Nice Goat on July 16, 2018, 07:49:13 PM
Rejetted for Colorado at 9,000 feet

Main jet from 150 to 145
Pilot jet from 22.5 to 20
Needle from notch 3 to notch 1

your macro skills are just the tip awesome!
just give 'er the berries !

Nice Goat

Quote from: kylepeterson on July 16, 2018, 08:26:09 PM
your macro skills are just the tip awesome!

My Mikuni calculator said go up for the temperature drop but down for the elevation.  I didn't have a 142.5 main jet, so I rounded up.  It doesn't matter though... I don't spend much time above 3/4 throttle.

She's a poppin' machine right now in my garage, but it should be perfect out there in the mountains.  Hell, I'll probably get about 55 mpg in Colorado.

merc16

Changed the exhaust hanger.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin

DonJuan

It seems that I'm always posting in this thread and never in the riding threads...

I spent two hours looking for a rear brake pad retainer spring after I launched it into orbit and it survived re-entry into the atmosphere.  Found it about 20 feet from the launch pad.

Hooked up all the ZRX brake stuff. Spent hours bleeding the system. Still wasn't right. Figured I MUST have a bad rear master cylinder. Ordered a bunch of parts. Couldn't leave it alone, so bled the rear about 6 zillion more times. Finally got some wood (pedal feel).

Leaving the front brake actuated overnight hopefully some more air will work it's way out, if any.  Apparently, these 6 pot calipers are a real pain in the ass.

Did some hydraulic clutch maintenance. Works much better. Slave cylinder still needs a seal. It's on the way with the "extra" master cylinder rebuild kits.

Cleaned and lubed the chain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

DonJuan

Quote from: merc16 on July 18, 2018, 02:44:19 PM
Changed the exhaust hanger.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Merc, if you're thinking of getting rid of that old exhaust hanger, I'd be interested.

KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

kdtrull

Broke and fixed my vacuum carb in the hotel parking lot in lake City Colorado.  Broke the needle keeper tabs on the bottom of the slide while re jetting.  Fixed it with a carved up lid from a water bottle.  Hat tip to @Brian A for the idea, to @Nice Goat for the bottle-top craftsmanship, and @KevinB for the outstanding support work.  Sorry...No pics.  I was bowed up like a Halloween cat and in somewhat of a panic.

renchinrider

Sounds like y'all are having a great time out there...Can't wait for the ride report when y'all get back!

Ride safe! :)
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Gam

Rent you some 4 wheelers there in lake city and do the Alpine Loop, it's worth it.

Nice Goat

Quote from: Gam on July 27, 2018, 06:10:12 AM
Rent you some 4 wheelers there in lake city and do the Alpine Loop, it's worth it.

That's why we brought the dual sports!

Nice Goat

Went to the garage party at Fencejumper's house, but didn't really help anybody do anything.

Got home around 10:45pm, and rejetted (finally) the DR650 (back to low altitude).  Also changed the air filter.

Fixed the faulty brake light on the DR125.  Also removed the passenger peg mounts because they were scratching the swingarm whenever I rode the littlest DR.

It's amazing how much time you save when you organize your tools...

DonJuan

Oil changes and air filter maintenance

KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

DonJuan

Quote from: DonJuan on August 12, 2018, 11:42:53 AM
Oil changes and air filter maintenance

The Zed had 4.5 qts of oil in it. The previous owner had put the filter assembly in incorrectly, so it only took about 45 minutes to remove.

I replaced the mystery oil with 3.0 qts of good 'ol T4, so now it shifts like butter. It was a little clunky.

The new air filter made a tremendous improvement in throttle response. The foam seals on the factory filter were completely disintegrated,  and had long been eaten by the intake.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

DonJuan

Adjusted 5 of the 6 adjustments on my factory suspension. You know, they say to make one change at a time.

I didn't do that... but it didn't backfire on me this time.

There's a little room for improvement (like buying a ZX10), but overall, i'm happy with my SWAG adjustment technique and the results.

Carved up some roads at angles never before possible on my ZRX.
KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R